This Coaching Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by and between Jessica Goddar (the “Coach”) and you, (the “Client”), collectively “the Parties.”
Purpose of the Agreement: The purpose of this Agreement is to develop a coaching relationship between the Parties in order to cultivate the Client’s personal, professional, and/or business goals and create a plan to carry out those goals through stimulating and creative interactions with the ultimate result of maximizing the Client’s personal and/or professional potential (“Coaching Services”).
The Parties agree as follows:
- Coaching Fees. In exchange for coaching services, the Client agrees to pay the Coach the agreed upon fees at the agreed upon schedule.
- Coaching Schedule. The Parties agree to meet virtually as scheduled. The Coach will not be available by telephone and/or email in between scheduled sessions unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Coach-Client Relationship – Duties & Responsibilities. A business and/or life coaching relationship is a partnership between two or more individuals or entities. This relationship is not a legal partnership, instead more like a teacher-student or coach-athlete relationship. Each Party must uphold its obligations for the coaching relationship to be successful.
- The Coach agrees to maintain the ethics and standards of behavior reasonably expected of coaches.
- The Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and suggestions, and to fully engage and devote oneself to the coaching process.
- The Client acknowledges and agrees that coaching is a comprehensive process that may explore different areas of the Client’s life, including work, finances, health and relationships, but it is ultimately the Client’s decision how the Client incorporates coaching into each aspect of life.
- The Client is solely responsible for implementing the techniques discovered through coaching.
- Confidentiality. This coaching relationship, as well as all information (physical or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound by the principles of confidentiality. The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent. BE ADVISED: The Coach-Client relationship is not a relationship protected by legal confidentiality (like doctor-patient or attorney-client). As such, the Coach could be required to divulge otherwise confidential information to authorities.
- Cancellation Policy. The Client agrees to notify Coach 24 hours in advance of any scheduled session that Client needs to cancel. Coach reserves the right to charge the Client for the scheduled session for a missed/canceled meeting.
- Termination of Agreement. Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time upon 30 days’ written notice to the other party at the address provided above.
- Limited Liability. The Coach makes no guarantees, representations, or warranties of any kind or nature, expressed or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall the Coach be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential, or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Client to the Coach under this Agreement for all coaching services rendered through and including the termination date. The Client agrees that the Coach is not liable or responsible for any actions or inactions, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach.
- Entire Agreement. This document reflects the entire agreement between the Coach and the Client and reflects a complete understanding of the Parties with respect to the subject matter. This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The Agreement may not be amended, altered, or supplemented except in writing signed by both the Coach and the Client.
- Dispute Resolution and Legal Fees. In the event of a dispute arising out of this Agreement that cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, the Parties agree to engage in mediation. If the matter cannot be resolved through mediation, and legal action ensues, the successful party will be entitled to its legal fees, including, but not limited to its attorneys’ fees.
- Legal and Binding Agreement. This Agreement is legal and binding between the Parties as stated above. This Agreement may be entered into and is legal and binding both in the United States and throughout Europe. The Parties each represent that they have the authority to enter into this Agreement.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If the Court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or enforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
- Waiver. The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
Applicable Law. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state where both Parties reside, without giving effect to any conflicts of laws provisions. If the Parties reside in different states, this Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina, without giving effect to any conflicts of laws provisions.